Jyllian Bradshaw concentrates her practice on representing management in a broad range of employment issues, labor matters, litigation, and counseling. She represents employers in collective bargaining and union matters, as well as the defense of employment disputes, such as claims of discrimination, retaliation, whistleblowing, and compensation violations.
With her extensive knowledge and experience regarding compliance issues in the workplace, Jyllian regularly counsels management on state and federal workplace laws, leave laws, FMLA, ADA, and affirmative action compliance. She also advises employers on strategies for reductions-in-staff, restructuring, and wage and hour issues.
As former general counsel to the Dayton City School District and a former high school teacher in Orange County, Florida, Jyllian is particularly well-positioned to assist education clients with resolving complex legal issues and providing guidance on day-to-day matters and policy decisions, both student-related and employee-related. Further, she has deep experience assisting educational institutions with compliance issues such as special education, student records privacy, and student code of conduct matters. She is also a Level 2 Title IX certified investigator.
An Orlando native, Jyllian enjoys spending time outdoors with her husband and two children.
News & Insights
- |Events|The Orange County Bar Association Center
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Ones To Watch, Education Law, Labor and Employment Law – Management, 2020-2023
- Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2021-2022
- Forty Under 40, Dayton Business Journal, Class of 2022
- Leadership Dayton, Class of 2020
- Speaker, TEDxDayton, 2022
- Public Interest Award Recipient, publication of a peer mediation curriculum utilized in the private school setting, 2010
Community & Civic
- University of Dayton, Adjunct Professor
- The Dakota Center, Board of Directors
- The Literacy Lab, Board of Directors
- Dayton Society of Natural History, Associate Board of Directors
Professional Certifications & Memberships
- Dayton Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Chair; Community Service Committee, 2014-2015, Chair; Continuing Legal Education Committee, 2015-2016
- The Education Law Association
- Ohio School Boards Association
- Ohio Council of School Board Attorneys
- Level 2, Title IX Certified Investigator
Practices & Industries
- *Florida admission pending
- University of Dayton School of Law, J.D., 2012
University of Central Florida, B.A., 2006