Effective March 2023
Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed, P.A. (“Lowndes”, “We”, or “Us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information We collect on this Website. It does not apply to information that We receive from you in the course of an attorney-client relationship, information We collect offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Lowndes or any third party, or information received from any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or through this Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information through the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, or provide any information about yourself to Us, including your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. If We learn We have inadvertently collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
You may access the Website without providing any information that personally identifies you. You may, however, voluntarily chose to provide personal information to Us through our “Contact Us” or “Subscribe” pages. While you access the Website, We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, title, employer, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”); or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to Us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information We collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our information services or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact Us.
- Your responses to surveys that you elect to complete for our research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information We may collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but We may maintain it or associate it with personal information We collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps Us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling Us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing Us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies We use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but We may tie this information to personal information about you that We collect from other sources or you provide to Us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to Us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from Us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services We offer or provide though it.
- In any other way We may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which We disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lowndes, our clients, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to Us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Lowndes. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by Us to promote our own services or events, you can opt-out by sending Us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If We have sent you a promotional email, you may send Us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Correcting Your Information
You may send Us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to Us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if We believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to Us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We do our best to protect your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.