Lauren Beames is an attorney in the firm’s Real Estate Department. She focuses her practice in the areas of real estate development, finance and transactions, condominiums, property owners’ associations, commercial leasing, commercial lending and title insurance.
Prior to joining Lowndes as an attorney, Lauren was a summer clerk with the firm. While at law school, she was a member of the Moot Court Board, a research assistant for the Institute for Biodiversity Law and Policy, and an adjunct professor of environmental regulation at the University of South Florida. She also served as articles editor for the Journal of International Wildlife Law and Policy and as deputy chief of policy and hours for the Stetson Ambassadors. Before attending law school, Lauren was a middle school English teacher.
Lauren earned her juris doctorate from Stetson University College of Law, where she graduated magna cum laude and was awarded the Order of the Barristers, the Hearne Family Environmental Law Award, and the Victor O. Wehle Award in Trial Advocacy. She received her bachelor’s degree in English literature and language from Virginia Tech.
An avid lover of the outdoors, Lauren enjoys running, stand-up paddle boarding, and mountain biking when she’s not in the office.
News & Insights
- Stetson University College of Law
- Order of Barristers Award, 2022
- Hearne Environmental Law Award, 2022
- Finalist, PACE National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition, 2022
- Best Brief Award, Orseck Moot Court Competition, 2021
- Book Award, Trial Advocacy, 2021
- Champions, Orseck Moot Court Competition, 2021
- Wehle Award in Trial Advocacy, 2021
- Associate Justice Award, Moot Court Board, 2021
Community & Civic
- Orange County Bar Association, Business Law Committee, Executive Officer, 2023-2024
- Junior Achievement of Central Florida, Leadership Council
- Stetson Law National Environmental Moot Court Team, Advocacy Skills Trainer