Alyson Kendust is an attorney in the Corporate, Business and Tax Department, working out of the firm's Orlando and Melbourne offices. She primarily focuses her practice on sophisticated estate planning and complex estate and trust administration.
Prior to joining Lowndes, Alyson worked at a law firm in Bethesda, Maryland, where she handled a variety of complex matters related to probate and trust administration, elder law and estate planning for high-net-worth individuals. She also has experience representing restaurants and alcohol distributors in administrative hearings, beverage licensing and lobbying for various wholesalers.
Alyson earned her undergraduate degree in Political Science from the University of Florida – Hume Honors College and her law degree, with a Certificate in Intellectual Property, from the Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law. While in law school, she was recognized with Book Awards in both Advanced Trial Practice and Agency & Partnership. Alyson is also a Level 2 Sommelier under the United States Sommelier Association.
A Melbourne native, Alyson is active within the local community where she serves as a member of both the Brevard Zoo's Planned Giving Committee and the Melbourne Central Catholic High School's Advisory Council. She also volunteers with Brevard Family Partnership and Friends of Children of Brevard County and as a member of 321 Millennials, an organization that is focused on building the community and economy within Florida's Space Coast. In her free time, Alyson enjoys yoga, dancing, cooking, boating and taking advantage of all the outdoor activities that Florida has to offer.
- Estate and tax planning for individuals inclusive of foreign and domestic trust planning
- Probate administration
- Trust administration
- Probate litigation
- Represented marine manufacturing seller in $60 million stock sale to publicly traded company.
- Represented composites seller in $2 million merger with publicly traded transportation company.
- Provide on-going representation of restaurant groups in acquisition of restaurants, bars and real property.
- Provide on-going representation to ophthalmology software and products manufacturer in international scaling and partner acquisition.
- Provide on-going representation to distilled spirits manufacturers and distributors in domestic scaling, licensing and compliance matters.
News & Insights
- |Firm News
- |Media Mention
- |Press Release
- |Firm News
- |Presentation|Association of Corporate Counsel - Central Florida Chapter
Recent legislation revised Florida's restaurant alcohol licensing criteria, allowing smaller establishments to qualify for full-service liquor licenses more easily.
- Renewed Opportunities: Recent Bipartisan Proposal Seeks to Refine Opportunity Zone Development and Tax Incentives
- SBA Announces New Application Details and Guidelines for the $28.6-billion Restaurant Revitalization Fund
- Restaurant Revitalization Fund Provides Hope to the Food and Beverage Industry—But Applicants Will Need to Act Fast
Community & Civic
- Brevard Zoo, Planned Giving Advisory Council
- Vassar B. Carlton American Inn of Courts, Membership Committee
- Melbourne Central Catholic High School, Council of Advisors and Alumni Relations Chair
- Brevard Estate Planning Council