Our telecommunications industry experience crosses multiple business and legal issues, from the traditional corporate, employment and tax advice, to negotiating industry-specific service agreements, equipment and other commercial contracts, to navigating land use and real estate challenges, to protecting and enforcing trademarks and patent technology. We also advise clients on strategies for avoiding litigation, but arbitrate and litigate when necessary.
We advise clients on:
- Joint venture and strategic partnerships
- Purchases, sales and financing arrangements
- Licensing and service provider agreements
- Leasing and colocation
- Supply chain and distribution agreements
- Site acquisition and permitting
- Construction agreements
- Trademark protection and enforcement
- Business disputes
Clients include carriers and service providers – cable, internet, telephone, television, and affiliated providers; tower site owners, builders and managers; equipment suppliers; lenders and investors; and telecom customers such as hotels, residential communities and condominiums, student housing, and commercial office complexes.
- Reviewed and negotiated tower leases and service agreements for a cable and internet provider to apartment complexes, hotels and other residential buildings.
- Represented a telecom company in a trademark dispute.
- Drafted and negotiated a $40-million+ design-build agreement for the construction of a telecommunications giant’s new office building.
- Negotiated a settlement in regards to business sale agreements for a cabling company.
- Litigated several tower license and contract disputes for a wireless internet, telephone and television provider to student housing, residential condominiums and commercial office towers.
News & Insights