Dave Peterson has experience accumulated over a period of approximately 36 years, handling real estate mortgage foreclosures, including foreclosures of hotels, apartment complexes, office buildings, retail property, and other types of commercial property, and in handling litigation arising out of the enforcement of security interests in personal property under the UCC.
He also has significant experience representing receivers in receivership cases, handling and litigating assignments for the benefit of creditors, and in defending lender liability claims. In addition, Dave has spent a number of years working on transactional matters related to his expertise in the area of finance. For example, Dave has experience handling the workout of problem loans and debt restructuring.
Further, Dave has a broad background in bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, as well as commercial litigation, in general. He represents lenders, creditors and lessors in sophisticated Chapter 11 reorganizations and Chapter 7 liquidations.
Dave has represented creditors in negotiating Chapter 11 bankruptcy plans, as well as litigation concerning confirmation of bankruptcy plans. He has handled preference litigation, fraudulent conveyance claims, exemption litigation, and a wide range of other kinds of litigation arising out of bankruptcies, including appeals.
Dave has also spent approximately 20 years structuring, negotiating, documenting, and closing sophisticated financial transactions, such as mortgage warehouse facilities, repurchase agreement transactions, real estate loans involving special purpose entities, and revolving credit facilities secured by all kinds of personal property, as well as uniform commercial code transactions of all kinds. Many of these transactions have involved hundreds of millions of dollars.
News & Insights
- |Press Release
- Lowndes Advises Tishman on $120 Million Acquisition of Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek Hotel|Press Release
- |Press Release
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: BV
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2006, 2012-2014
Community & Civic
- Leadership Winter Park, Class VII
Professional Certifications & Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- The Florida Bar
Practices & Industries
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Michigan School of Law, J.D., 1983
- University of Michigan, B.A., with honors, 1980