Rocky Johnson concentrates his practice in the area of construction industry claims and litigation, representing builders, architects, engineers, developers, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and other construction professionals. He has experience handling a wide variety of complex commercial disputes related to business transactions, contracts, insurance, construction defects, licensing and statutory compliance.
Skilled at distilling complex information and explaining difficult topics, Rocky works closely with clients to assess risk, develop action plans, and execute strategy. He is experienced at analyzing complex transactions, causal factors, and potential liability, as well as researching and developing fact patterns through document analysis, interviews, inspections, depositions, and questioning. He has also presented and argued complex legal and factual matters in the boardroom and the courtroom.
- Representation of a subcontractor related to a statutory building code claim brought by a homeowner. Successfully secured summary judgment in favor of the subcontractor.
- Representation of homeowners in a dispute against an unlicensed contractor for renovation work. Successfully secured summary judgment in favor of the homeowners.
- Representation of a landlord in a breach of commercial lease matter involving the application of an acceleration clause. Successfully secured summary judgment in favor of the landlord.
- Representation of a general contractor in a lien dispute against a homeowner for remodeling work. Achieved a favorable resolution of claims for the general contractor.
- Representation of a potential homeowner in the negotiation of the contract for construction of a high-end custom single-family home.
- Representation of an owner in the negotiation of a design contract worth in excess of $4 millon.
- Representation of a subcontractor related to an indemnity claim brought by a general contractor for allegedly defective work. Achieved a favorable resolution of all claims for the subcontractor.
Practices & Industries
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 2018
- University of Florida, B.S., Business Administration; Economics, 2014