The life sciences landscape covers tremendous ground, as does our range of legal services in the life sciences market— from helping clients launch and protect their products, to advising clients in mergers, acquisitions and sales.
With hard science degrees and industry experience, our life sciences attorneys are complemented by a deep bench of corporate, tax, securities, intellectual property, supply chain, and employment attorneys to provide multi-dimensional counsel on the complex issues in the life sciences arena.
Clients include organizations in academia and industry, ranging from startups to publically traded companies in the fields of medical devices, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, cosmeceutical, and diagnostics. Many of our clients are subject to regulation under the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and our life sciences attorneys advise on FDA regulatory matters in addition to issues relating to licensing, research and development, technology transfer and commercialization.
In addition, our life sciences patent practitioners have prepared and prosecuted patent applications in all areas of the life sciences arena. We also assist clients in the negotiation of co-development and joint venture agreements, and with mediation, arbitration and, if necessary, litigation, when disputes arise.
Equity Investments / Capital Raising
- Advised publically traded biotechnology company in various forms of public equity offerings
- Advised biotechnology company in convertible note based financing
Licensing / Collaboration / Partnering Agreements
- Acted as counsel to biotechnology company for successful in-licensing of CAR-T drug candidate
- Advised biotechnology companies in negotiating numerous joint development agreements relating to cancer vaccine candidates, COVID-19 vaccine candidates and adoptive cell therapies
Intellectual Property / Patent Protection
- Advised clients in the preparation and prosecution of U.S. and international patents in the areas of biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, genetic engineering, molecular biology, immunotherapy, medical devices, nucleic acid-based therapeutics and in vitro diagnostics
Product Acquisition and Disposition
- Advised biotechnology and diagnostic company in the acquisition of liquid biopsy platform assets from public university
- Provided regulatory and intellectual property guidance to biotechnology company relating to FDA approved COVID-19 diagnostic assay
Co-Chair, Intellectual Property Services Group