James E. Walson
James Walson is a real estate lawyer whose practice encompasses both transactional and litigation matters. He represents buyers, sellers and lenders throughout Florida, with significant focus on commercial real estate transactions, commercial lease negotiation and real property rights litigation. He has negotiated purchase and sale agreements and leases, including retail, office and medical office.
James has extensive experience litigating matters involving contracts, title insurance liability, commercial landlord / tenant matters, easements, fraud, deed warranties, boundary disputes, adverse possession, lien priority and access rights. In addition, he has conducted appeals before the Second District Court of Appeal and the Fifth District Court of Appeal. James routinely represents title insurance companies, commercial landlords, property owners, buyers and lenders.
- Listed in Cambridge Who's Who
- Recognized as a "Florida Rising Star" for 2009-2017 by Florida Super Lawyers
- Recognized as a Florida Legal Elite "Up & Comer," 2011-2015 by Florida Trend Magazine
- Selected for Best Lawyers in America 2018
- Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida, Board of Directors
- First Tee of Central Florida, Board of Directors
Professional Certifications, Memberships and Activities
- Member of the Florida Land Title Association’s Claims Prevention, Avoidance & Education Committee
- The Florida Bar, Young Lawyer's Division, Litigation Section
- American Bar Association, Title Insurance Litigation Committee, Chair, 2016-2017
- Orange County Bar Association
- Law Alumni Council for the University of Florida
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV