Law Firm Marketing Executive Susanne Mandel To Participate In Business Development Webinar, Proceeds To Benefit Hurricane Victims
October 31, 2017
Susanne L. Mandel, the head of the firm’s business development and marketing team, will be participating in a webinar titled “How to Grow Your Firm Through Authentic BD Relationships” hosted by Ackert Inc. and the Legal Marketing Association (LMA). All registration proceeds will be donated to the Red Cross hurricane relief efforts. The webinar will take place on October 31 at 10:00 - 11:00 am Pacific Time or 1:00 - 2:00 pm Eastern Time. To register, click here.
Mandel, who is a frequent LMA speaker and guest lecturer during Ackert Inc. programs, will be joining three other legal industry leaders from across the US - Deborah Roth Grabein, Director of Business Development at Andrews Kurth, Adrian Dayton, founder of Clearview Social, and David Ackert, President of Ackert Inc. Together, they will deliver coaching techniques that can be used to encourage lawyers to overcome transactional, impersonal conversations and authentically develop stronger relationships.
These techniques include:
- Building rapport on a business and a personal level
- Being interested vs. interesting: how to make the conversation about the prospect, rather than your own expertise
- Creating content that adds real value rather than simply self-promotion
- Developing ongoing rapport in the absence of face-time through social media
- Specific questions lawyers can use to identify new business opportunities from existing clients
- How to “ask for the business” in an authentic, respectful manner
- Tailoring your relationship building approach to your personality
- How to work events and get involved in organizations