The Financial Reporting Analyst will prepare financial reports, review and provide analysis, analyze trends, and create financial projections. Performs repetitive monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting. Supports CFO and Controller with monthly financial reporting & analysis, year-end financial compilation, preparation of materials for leadership meetings and is the budget lead. Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and is previously experience working with transactional Accounting.
Requires ability to: manage and prioritize multiple time sensitive projects; maintain confidentiality of accounting and payroll information; extract data and create reports from financial and accounting records; organize work to meet deadlines and work independently; communicate effectively, orally and in writing; perform a variety of detailed accounting, bookkeeping, and financial management duties; prepare complex and creative financial analysis/schedules; serve other departments within the firm.
Under general supervision, work is performed within established procedures; however, the Financial Reporting Analyst exercises judgment and makes recommendations related to proper handling of, and improvements to, established policies and procedures.
- Review, identify and resolve problems and discrepancies in accounting records or documents, including making appropriate general ledger adjustments.
- Develop, prepare, summarize, and analyze complex schedules and financial reports.
- Conduct complex projects on a wide variety of finance and accounting issues. Evaluate alternatives and make sound recommendations and prepare effective reports.
- Compile and coordinate monthly financial reports.
- Lead the annual budget process for non-compensation related expenses.
- Prepare various analysis and schedules used for preparing the annual financial statements and tax returns.
Other duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean orderly condition.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required, CPA and/or MBA is a plus.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of GAAP and ability to apply this knowledge in varied work situations.
- Knowledge of research, statistical, analytical, and reporting methods, techniques and procedures.
- QuickBooks experience is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite with an emphasis on advanced Excel skills.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized. Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines; prioritize effectively while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude.
- Critical thinking skills with demonstrated superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
- Achievement oriented, thrives in fast-paced environment and can balance sense of urgency with sound financial judgment and controls.
Prefer three to five years of experience in an accounting or financial analyst role.
Previous work experience in professional service organization is preferred.
Employees are expected to work and act as a team player in all interactions; provide a high level of customer service at all times; project and maintain a positive image with those contacted in the course of work; develop and maintain collaborative and respectful working relationships with team members and others; and, consistently provide quality service.
Office environment; sustained posture in a seated position; intense attentiveness and computer operation for prolonged periods.