Lowndes, an AV-rated premier law firm based in Downtown Orlando serving clients throughout Florida and nationwide, is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Accounting Department.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Independently audit compliance to Accounts Payable policies and expense narrative requirements.
- Investigate budgeted expense submissions for validation.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations using required software.
- Perform complex finance, accounting, and bookkeeping duties.
- Reconcile multiple bank accounts and initiate bank wire transfers.
- Maintain accurate Excel spreadsheets/databases for budgeted expenses.
- Assist CFO with financial reporting and budgeting.
- Develop and document accounting policies and procedures.
- Perform detailed accounting and financial management duties.
- Review and resolve discrepancies in accounting records.
The Essential Functions of this role are:
- Review and resolve accounting problems and discrepancies.
- Prepare complex schedules/analysis using Excel and Word.
- Coordinate production of monthly financial reports.
- Prepare analysis and schedules for annual financial statements and tax returns.
- Serve as backup for all positions within the Accounting Department.
The Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills Required are:
- Team Player
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience, QuickBooks, and Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and fiscal record keeping.
- Familiarity with modern office practices and procedures.
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and customer service oriented.
- Law firm experience and/or experience with Aderant preferred.
The Education Requirements are:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of technical training and years of experience.
Other Duties for this role include:
- Perform necessary operations to maintain workflow and meet schedules.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Participate in meetings and task force groups.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.