Foreign Investments in the US
Opportunities for business growth and success in today’s global marketplace know no boundaries. Many of our clients have expanded internationally, and a number of our clients are foreign-based businesses with interests in the United States. Whether inbound or outbound, we help our clients navigate transnational issues and manage their legal exposure across jurisdictions. This wealth of intellectual capital assists clients in a multitude of areas, including:
- Intellectual Property and Technology Transactions and Protection
- Patent Protection and Prosecution
- Entity formation, whether domestic or international
- Cross-border loan and syndicated loan agreements
- Cross-border lease transactions
- Commercial agreements
- Domestic and international tax planning
Our international practice team is augmented by Meritas, a network of 175 full-service independent law firms with well over 7,000 lawyers in 236 markets – all rigorously qualified and collaborative.
Treaty Trader (E-1) and Treaty Investor (E-2) visas are for citizens of countries with which the United States maintains treaties of commerce and navigation. Below is a map showcasing participating countries.