William T. Dymond, Jr.
Bill Dymond is the CEO & President of Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed, P.A. A leader in his field, Bill advises clients in the hotel/resort/leisure industry. The firm’s Hospitality & Leisure Group has handled more than $25 billion in transactions throughout the United States – including Central Florida – and Canada.
Bill is equally passionate about counseling clients in the sports/entertainment arena. As the lead negotiator, Bill’s successes in securing multi-year television agreements with ABC and ESPN for the Capital One Bowl/Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl, Champs Sports Bowl/Russell Athletic Bowl, and team selection agreements with the Big 10, SEC, ACC, Big East and Big 12 conferences, were big wins for Central Florida in a very competitive sports marketplace. Bill has long been a strong advocate and played a key role in the renovation of the Citrus Bowl Stadium.
As recent past Chair of Florida Citrus Sports, Bill was instrumental in getting the Orlando venue's plan complete. He has also worked tirelessly alongside other community leaders as a Founding Board Member of LIFT Orlando to further its mission to break the cycle of poverty through holistic neighborhood revitalization in the shadow of the Citrus Bowl Stadium.
At the state level, Bill served as a Board Member for Enterprise Florida and is currently serving at the pleasure of the Governor in his fourth year as Chair of Space Florida’s Board of Directors. Under Bill's leadership as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Space Florida, the state's aerospace and spaceport development authority has partnered with NASA to operate Kennedy Space Center and expanded our state's ability to dominate the growing commercial space market while creating jobs in this unique sector.
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV
- Orlando Economic Partnership James B. Greene Award, 2017
- DDB and CRA Service Award, 2017
- Leisure and Hospitality Law "Lawyer of the Year", 2017
- CREW Orlando Economic and Community Involvement Award, 2016
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America 2006-2017
- Selected for inclusion in 2006-2009, 2011-2017 Florida Super Lawyers
- Listed in Chambers USA: 2008-2012
- "Florida Legal Elite" 2006-2009, 2011, 2012 Florida Trend Magazine
- American Diabetes Association "Father of the Year", 2012
- "Florida's Top Lawyers" Florida Monthly Magazine
- "Florida's Top Real Estate Lawyers" Real Estate Florida
- Listed in Legal 500 US
- Florida Citrus Sports Howard Palmer Award, 2009
- Volunteer of the Year Winter Park Chamber of Commerce, 2005
- Florida Citrus Sports Chairman's Trophy, 2003
- Orlando Business Journal Up and Comer Award, 2002
- Florida Citrus Sports Chairman of the Year, 1993
- Enterprise Florida, Board Member, 2012 and 2013
- Space Florida, Board of Directors - Interim Chair 2013, Chair 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Orlando Economic Partnership (formerly the Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission and Central Florida Partnership), Chair of Economic Strategy
- Downtown Development Board - City of Orlando, Past Board Member, Past Board Chair
- Community Redevelopment Agency Advisory Board - City of Orlando, Past Board Member,, Past Board Chair
- Visit Orlando, Executive Committee, Board of Directors and General Counsel
- Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission, Executive Committee, Board of Directors, Chair of the Economic Strategy Committee, Past Co-Chair of the Business Development Committee
- Florida Citrus Sports Foundation, past Board Chair
- Florida Citrus Sports, past President, past Board Chair, Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Winter Park Chamber of Commerce, past Board Chair,Trustee
- Leadership Winter Park, Class II, past Class Chair
- Morningstar Charities, Inc., past Board of Directors
- Heart of Florida United Way, past Board and Executive Committee member, and past Campaign Vice Chair
- University of North Carolina School of Law - Alumni Board Member
Professional Certifications, Memberships and Activities
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Orange County Bar Association