G. Edward Clement
Ed Clement is a Shareholder who works in our Mount Dora and Orlando offices. Ed has over 30 years experience in banking law, institutional lending and structured financing, and commercial real estate transactions and developments. He represents state and national banking clients and assists with their commercial real estate loan transactions, bank and trust day-to-day operations, bank site acquisitions, dispositions and leasing, along with multi-jurisdictional FDIC and non-FDIC multi-site bank takeovers. Lending institution clients benefit from the experience and perspective he has gained by being the Chairman of the Board and General Counsel to a bank and its holding company, and having served on the Audit Committee, and as Chairman of the Trust Department Committee. Beyond banking, Ed has extensive local and national experience in commercial real estate transactions, surveys, and issuance of title insurance, along with estate and trust planning and administration.
Additionally, Ed is Co-Chair of the Commercial Finance & Lending Group.
Well known in the Lake County community, Ed serves on the Boards of local, regional and national civic and charitable organizations.
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Florida Bar Association, Meritorious Public Service Award
- United Southern Bank, Chairman of the Board; Nominating Committee Chair; Audit Committee member; Board of Directors; past Board Vice Chair; past Trust Department Committee Chair; past Compensation Committee Chair
- UniSouth, Board Chair; Board of Directors; past Board Vice Chair
- Wounded Warrior Outdoors, Board Chair and Board of Directors
- Cornerstone Hospice and Palliative Care, past Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Board; past Chair, Executive and Finance Committees
- Mount Dora Center for the Arts, past Vice Chair; past Chair, Finance Committee; past Board of Directors
- Florida Hospital - Waterman Foundation, past Board of Directors; past Finance Committee member
- Sunrise ARC, past Board of Directors
- Golden-Triangle YMCA, past Board of Directors
- Faith Lutheran Church and School, past Finance Committee Chair
- Boy Scouts of America
- Pop Warner Football
Professional Certifications, Memberships and Activities
- Florida Bar Association, Past Chair, 5th Circuit Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee
- Lake County Bar Association, past President; past Chair, Bench and Bar Committee; past Vice President; past member, Board of Directors
- American Bar Association