As a shareholder, Drew Sorrell focuses his practice on complex commercial issues including litigation of breach of contract, business torts, technology and intellectual property as well as related insurance coverage issues.
Drew is the chair of the firm’s multi-discipline Privacy, Cybersecurity and eDiscovery Group and also practices in the technology and privacy/data breach field - both litigation and contractual. He is a frequent speaker and writer on the topic of technology and the law.
Drew has argued to the United States Court of Appeals at the federal level and the Fifth District Court of Appeal at the state level. He is admitted to United States Supreme Court Bar, as well as the New York and District of Columbia Bars in addition to Florida. Drew is admitted to practice before all federal district courts in Florida as well as the Southern District of New York.
Previously, Drew practiced in New York City with a large international firm, primarily in the area of litigation. Prior to that, he served as a law clerk to Senior United States District Judge John H. Moore, II in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV
- George Washington University Law School Law Review
- Former Law Clerk to Senior United States District Judge John H. Moore II
- Named 2015 E-Discovery Attorney of the Year in Florida by the Global Law Experts
- Orlando Aero Club, past member and past member of the Board of Directors
Professional Certifications, Memberships and Activities
- The Sedona Conference, Steering Committee member of Working Group 11 (data security and privacy), Founding Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association Section of Science and Technology, Member
- American Bar Association e-discovery and Digital Evidence Committee, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Orlando Chapter, Past President
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, Ethics Board, Chair
- First Central Florida Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Barrister Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Committee
- Orange County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law committee
- Orange County Bar Association, Business Law Committee, Past Chair
- Orange County Bar Association, Technology Committee, Past Co-Chair
- The Florida Bar Association, Grievance Committee Group “D”, Past Chair
- 2008-2009 Meritas Leadership Institute
- Graduate Leadership Winter Park
- Graduate Leadership Osceola
- Meritas, Finance Committee, Past Member