Dale A. Burket
Dale Burket’s diverse real estate practice encompasses real estate transactions, development and finance, commercial leasing, and environmental law. With 35 years of experience, Dale has a particular strength in managing large, multi-site, multi-state real estate acquisitions, sales and sale-leaseback projects. In the hospitality industry, he has concentrated in the restaurant industry, including leases, sale-leaseback and other financing arrangements. Dale has also represented real estate investment trusts (REITs) in connection with mergers, securitizations, purchase of income-producing properties, and sales of properties by taxable REIT subsidiaries. He is Board Certified in Real Estate Law by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education.
Dale negotiated and closed several thousand sale-leaseback transactions for restaurant REITS and partnerships over his career, including portfolio acquisitions and sales with many of the top 100 national restaurant chains, as well as 1031 tax-deferred exchanges of restaurants in sales to private investors.
Dale has played a leading role in the firm’s expanded commitment to alternative and special fee arrangements, proactively addressing process improvement as well as risk-sharing with clients. In addition, Dale is an advocate for incorporating “green” and sustainable initiatives into his clients’ projects, to both preserve the environment and to curb costs. His personal time is spent studying and writing about sustainability issues in the commercial context, including “green” commercial leases, existing building retrofits, renewable energy sources, water conservation and Central Florida’s growing public transportation infrastructure.
Dale’s college training as a music teacher, love for music and lifelong experience as a musician has led to his participation as a Board Member and three-term President of the Florida Young Artists Orchestra (now a part of Central Florida Community Arts, Inc.), spanning over 15 years. Dale also serves as a Board Member of another music non-profit organization, the Performing Arts of Maitland, and currently is the Conductor of the Maitland Symphony Orchestra, a unique Central Florida community orchestra.
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV
- Selected for inclusion in 2008-2009 Florida Super Lawyers
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America 2014-2017
- The Geneva School, Board of Governors 2017
- Central Florida Community Arts
- The Oaks Homeowners Association, past President
- City of Maitland, Board of Zoning Adjustment, 1991-1996, Alternate Member, 1992, Chairman, 1993-1997, Planning and Zoning Commission, 1997-1999
- Northland, A Church Distributed, Governing Elder, 2012 - present , Member of Worship Team, 2003-present
- Maitland Symphony Orchestra, Conductor
- Performing Arts of Maitland, Board of Directors
Professional Certifications, Memberships and Activities
- Orange County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Board Certified: Real Estate Law, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education